Long Weekend and Amazing Readers

It was a long weekend, and not because I got an extra day off. That would have been nice. No, instead I got a stomach bug and spent the vast majority of Saturday sleeping. That would have been really nice if my stomach also didn’t hurt.

Oh, well. A little pain reminds us how wonderful it is not to be in pain.

There was one bright spot over the weekend. One of my beta readers, who is an avid zombie fan, started reading The Road to Salvation series.

He was a little hesitant about it at first. Not that I blame him. It’s a young adult book and focuses on teen girl problems, but he decided to give it a try. He said it took a little bit for him to get into it, but then he really enjoyed the book. He was looking forward to reading Dealing with Devils.

Reading that totally made my day. It’s amazing breaking readers out of their normal routine. I’m also a reader, and I have specific books/genres I like to stick too, so I know what a huge leap this was. It’s always a gamble trying something new, and disappointment can abound, but I’m so happy this worked out.

Readers are some of the most amazing people in the world. Without you, I wouldn’t be able to do what I do. Thank you for your continued support and willingness to try a new author. YOU’RE THE BEST!

I’m hoping that with the sickness behind me that this is going to be an amazing week. As long as I keep my head up, it should be. I hope all of you have a fantastic week also!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)