Writing News

Late last week, I uploaded book 3 in The Road to Salvation series.  It's called Good Intentions.  It is now ready for the editor, but she won't be able to get to it for a couple weeks.  I'm fine with that.  I need a break from the story.

People keep telling me that I got through this one really fast.  I've been working on it for 5 months, so it doesn't feel that fast to me.  Granted, if I consider that Dealing with Devils came out almost exactly a year after The Appeal of Evil, then, yeah, it probably was pretty fast.  Still, it didn't feel that way.

For some reason, it felt like a struggle to get through this book.  A lot of it was because I wanted it done.  I didn't want readers to have to wait forever and ever to read what happens.  It was also hard to write because self-doubt crept in.  The voices in my head kept asking me if what I was putting on the page was good enough, and the answer was almost always no.  But I pushed through and finished.  Now, I need feedback to see what can be improved.

I'm fairly happy with how the book turned out.  I think feedback from the editor and my book manager will help so I'm very happy with it.  It follows what I had planned in my head, with a few surprises along the way.  I hope that readers enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to it being released into the world.


Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)