Old-School Style

Recently, I finished the very rough draft of the third book in The Road to Salvation series. The first two are The Appeal of Evil and Dealing with Devils. It still doesn’t have a title, but it will eventually. I’m not a fan of coming up with titles. I actually dislike it quite a bit. I’m always looking for the perfect way to describe the book in just a few short words. It’s hard.

Anyway, when I write, I usually use a combination of handwriting and working on the computer. What I use depends on what I have access to. When I’m doing anything with the kids, I handwrite. It’s a lot easier to drop a notebook and pen if something happens than a computer. Plus, I don’t have to worry about the battery going dead.

This time, however, I hand wrote the entire manuscript. I’m not really sure why. Part of the reason was because with Dealing with Devils, it irritated me to have to type out chapters before moving along with the story. It felt like I was going backwards instead of forward, so I changed it up for the third book.



At the moment, I’m in the process of getting the chapters typed up. It’s a bit tedious, but it gives me a chance to revise as I go along. And, really, the hard part is still done. The story is still on paper.

I’m not sure I can tell you which way I think works better. Either way, the story is getting written. Either way, it makes my wrists hurt. To be honest, I’m just happy it’s done.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)