Making the Most of My Time

Over the Christmas break, I had the pleasure of getting 9 days off. It’s a perk of my job. I’m not the only one who gets it, everyone does, and it’s fantastic!

With that much time off, there’s a chance for lots of things to get done—or not. On either end of the spectrum, I could have done absolutely nothing or rearranged the entire house. I’m not one who likes to live at either extreme, so I usually do just enough so I don’t get bored. This year, however, I had a goal.

I’m working on the third installment in The Road to Salvation Series, which includes The Appeal of Evil (book 1) and Dealing with Devils (book 2, which will be available January 16), so I challenged myself to write a chapter a day while on break. Normally, I’m pretty good about writing every day, but not necessarily a chapter—I get down what I can get down.

I’ll admit it, it got tough a few times. The boys were home with me, and we have pets. And we didn’t sit in the house all the time. We went out and did things. I had errands to run, and we went swimming. There were also holidays sprinkled in there, so family came over and I had laundry to do and the house to clean. I also planned on getting to bed at a normal hour (which for me during break was between 9:30 and 10:30) and sleeping in (which, most days, wasn’t past 7:30), along with napping in the afternoon, which I totally did.

But in the end, I accomplished my task. They aren’t the prettiest chapters ever, but that’s what editing is for, and at least I have something to work on. My goal is to continue this trend until the book is finished, and I’m hoping it will get easier. As soon as school starts again, the boys will be back on a schedule, and while they are at wrestling practice, I have an hour and a half twice a week to work.

My goal is to have the first draft of the book finished by the end of January. If I keep up with my current writing trends, I should be able to make it.

And speaking of The Appeal of Evil, the Kindle version is currently on sale for 99 cents.  We're celebrating the release of Dealing with Devils, so go check it out!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)