Protect Her by Sophia Kimble‏


Sophia Kimble has always wanted to be an author, but for years, life got in the way. She wouldn’t change a thing about how her life turned out, though. Her family keeps her laughing and loving. Her wonderful husband and two extraordinary children stand beside her every step of the way and make this journey called life worth living.

Sophia has worked as a nurse for twenty years, but has put that career path aside to devote her time and imagination to writing down the stories that keep her up nights.

She takes her love of the paranormal, history, and genealogy, and weaves them into tales of family, fated love, and supernatural occurrences.

Connect with Sophia at the following sites:

Website
Facebook
Twitter: @SophiaKimble


Golden Alexander is trapped in a nightmare.

Trying to flee her hallucination of a demon, she runs heart first into the brooding alpha male she’s been dreaming about for years, and then her nightmare really begins.

Kris Pietka is done with women...he’s broken. But when he meets Golden, an overwhelming need to protect her tests everything he thought he knew about himself, and the paranormal.

A bond forged centuries ago thrusts them together as they search for a way to break an ancient Druid curse prophesying their demise. Racing against the clock, they travel from Vermont, to the Carpathian Mountains in Poland, and the Scottish Highlands in search of answers and a way to break the curse.

But something evil watches—it covets, and time is running out.

Will fate allow love to prevail against unbeatable odds, or will Golden wake to find it was all a delusion?


Available at Amazon

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
The genesis of my novel, Protect Her, is a strange story.

When I was 18, I had an episode of sleep paralysis.

What happens during sleep paralysis is you wake while still being in REM sleep (the cycle of sleep when we dream). It’s thought that while in this part of sleep, our body is in a state of partial paralysis. Our body’s way of keeping us from acting out our dreams.

Whatever the reason, it’s terrifying. Your brain wakes up, while your body is still asleep. You can’t move or speak. Frequently, the episode is combined with hallucinations and shortness of breath.

Well, when this happened to me, I saw a demon hovering over me.


I’ve since learned that this is a common occurrence during sleep paralysis.

Back before the internet was readily available to look up what malady you’ve suffered from, I had no idea what sleep paralysis was, let alone how common it is.

For years, this demon has been in my head in Technicolor, so of course, when I decided to write my paranormal romance, Protect Her, I used this creature in my story.

Perhaps all the myths of demons that pin people down while sleeping are just an episode of Sleep Paralysis…perhaps not.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
My first novel, Protect Her, took a full year to write, edit, rewrite, enter contests (I was a finalist in two), get critiques, take classes, and rewrite again before it was ready. Then I received three contract offers, and here we are.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Letting my imagination run wild. Fiction is wonderful in the respect that absolutely anything you dream up can become a book.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Editing the first draft.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would like to be a ghost hunter, don’t care whom, but want to see if everything is staged on those shows. I’d like to think at least some of it actually happens, but I’m sure it’s not all the claim.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
A jar of pickles from the summer. My husband is OCD about cleaning the fridge so we never have too much in there for any length of time except condiments.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Protect Her is the first novel in The Druid’s Curse series. I’m editing the second in the series, Avenge Her and hope to have it to my editor next month. I’m also currently writing the third in the series, Fear Her. I’ve also planned the fourth, Release Her.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)