The Hoodoo Detective by Kirsten Weiss‏


Kirsten Weiss is the author of the Riga Hayworth paranormal mystery series: The Metaphysical Detective, The Alchemical Detective, The Shamanic Detective, The Infernal Detective, and The Elemental Detective. She’s also the author of a steampunk novel, Steam and Sensibility.

Kirsten worked overseas for nearly fourteen years, in the fringes of the former USSR and deep in the Afghan war zone. Her experiences abroad not only gave her glimpses into the darker side of human nature, but also sparked an interest in the effects of mysticism and mythology, and how both are woven into our daily lives.

Now based in San Mateo, CA, she writes paranormal mysteries, blending her experiences and imagination to create a vivid world of magic and mayhem.

Kirsten has never met a dessert she didn’t like, and her guilty pleasures are watching Ghost Whisperer reruns and drinking good wine.

You can connect with Kirsten through the social media sites below

Web
Blog
Twitter: @RigaHayworth
Facebook
Goodreads


Hoodoo, haunts, and horror.

Riga Hayworth just wants to wrap up her supernatural TV series exploring the magic of New Orleans. But when she stumbles across a corpse, she becomes a police consultant on a series of occult murders, murders that quickly become all too personal.

Book six in the Riga Hayworth series of paranormal mysteries.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
New Orleans! I love the city, and all the magical legends and activity – hoodoo, voodoo, werewolves, vampires… It’s got it all.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It feels like this one went more slowly, I’m not sure why. But probably about two months to write, another two to edit.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love getting the stories out of my head and onto paper. There’s something almost magical about hearing other people talk about my stories, and knowing that now the stories are in their heads.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
The solitary aspect is sort of love/hate for me. I really prefer to have someplace to go, rather than to just sit in my home office.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I can’t think of anyone I’d like to be, but I’d love to spend a day (or even an hour) chatting with the economist, Thomas Sowell. (Yeah, I’m an economics geek too).

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
There’s a jar of mayonnaise that’s at least a year old. I hardly ever use the stuff and should probably throw it out.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
My agent is trying to sell a paranormal cozy mystery I wrote – The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum. And I’m working on a sequel to my proto-steampunk novel, Steam and Sensibility. And I think there’s at least one more Riga Hayworth in me.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)