Lotus Petals by Gina Drayer‏

Gina Drayer is an avid reader, writer, and Ubergeek. Her latest book Lotus Petals, a paranormal thriller, is forthcoming in July 2014.

Growing up a Navy brat, Gina has traveled extensively, living all over the country, but now she calls Indiana home. Currently she spends her days running the family’s Home Health Agency and her nights creating fantastic world.

Gina writes gripping, fast paced thrillers with a magical twist and steamy contemporary romances. She creates stories centered on strong, witty, independent women facing situations that test their will. And of course their male counterparts have the depth and character to keep up with these leading ladies.

Buy Links
Amazon

Contact Links
Website
Google+
Twitter
Amazon


Olivia Harmon feels safer separated from everyone else. Her empathic powers not only lets her experience other people’s feelings, but also influence them. It’s a heavy burden to carry, and the main reason she’s always been more comfortable around the dead. As a small town funeral director and assistant county coroner, Olivia is able to keep her distance from the day to day drama of the living.

But after a series of seemingly unrelated deaths, Olivia discovers a hidden connection that puts her right in the middle of the investigation. In order to stop a killer, she must face a menacing dark magic and her own family’s hidden past. When confronted with the truth, Olivia will be forced to choose between the carefully constructed life she has tried to maintain and the reality of who she really is.


Goodreads link to book

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I’m a big fan of Urban Fantasy. And one of my first loves is The Dresden Files. Jim Butcher does a wonderful job of not only telling an interesting tale, but crafting fascinating supporting characters. Dr. Waldo Butters is one of my favorites. I often wondered what one of Harry Dresden’s adventures would have looked like from the point of view of an outsider. Someone like Butters.

Thus, Olivia Harmon was born. She’s not a detective or investigator, but she’s thrust into the middle of a series of murders.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
My first draft took me seven months to write. Then another three months editing before I sent it off to a professional editor. Working with the editor took almost two months, and then another month getting everything ready for publication. From start to finish thirteen months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I’m a very creative person. I also think my background in Biochemistry contributes to my love of storytelling. I constantly ask why and what if. I love telling the unexpected story. I’ve got a long list of stories I’m just itching to write.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
The writing. I love to edit. Once the words are on paper, I love to spit polish them and craft them into a great story, but every word I put on paper was hard won.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I’d love to be Neil Gaiman for a day. I love his stories and he’s so creative, not just with his writing, but with all his endeavors. I would just love to take a peek inside that brain.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Wow, now I want to clean out my fridge! Unfortunately, I have some olives in the back of my fridge that have been there since I moved in six years ago.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Lotus Petals is the start to a series. Expect to see more of the Armstrong’s Funeral Home gang. I have three short stories planned. One about Olivia’s Grandmother. One about how Charlie and Olivia met. And Finally, a short about what happened to Armstrong’s after Lotus Petals. Not to mention the next book in the series.

I’ve also planned a four book contemporary romance series, the first one due out hopefully at the beginning of the year and the next by summer.

And because I don’t have enough on my plate, I’ve just started collaborating with another author on a series of Paranormal Romance novellas, featuring Rock Girl Shapeshifters. It’s bound to be fun and very steamy.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)