Dark Promise by M.L. Guida‏


M.L. Guida has been in love with the paranormal since she was a little girl. Vampires, demons and witches oh my! She has always been fascinated by these supernatural beings and weaves these creatures into her novels. But the love story is the center of every novel. Strong heroes and heroines are what drive her stories and their ability to overcome conflict and live happily ever after. She lives in beautiful Colorado and many of her stories are based in the mountains.

Besides writing, she enjoys taking her dog for walks and cheering her nephews and nieces on at their games. When on vacation, she’s always up for a good ghost tour and has gone on tours in London, Edinburgh, Rome and Key West. Her favorite being London’s Jack the Ripper tour.

www.mlguida.com
www.mlguida.com/blog/
https://www.facebook.com/ml.guida1
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5177984.M_L_Guida
http://www.pinterest.com/mlguida/


Love can unlock the secret to saving two worlds.

As the Golden Aspen Tree withers, darkness consumes the Dragon Demons of the Underworld, turning them feral. Prince Eric Wyvern must keep his darkness at bay and woo the silver-haired human tainted with angel blood whose touch is prophesied to save the Golden Tree and restore light to the Underworld.

Cassandra Wright, a gifted psychic, has dreamed of Eric her whole life. When her dream lover joins her on a ski vacation, he plunges her into a nightmare.

Imprisoned in a dying world filled with abuse and torture, she must become the Demon Prince’s mate or remain trapped forever. If she fails to fulfill the prophecy, the darkness will spread to her world. But how can she give herself to this dark and frightening version of the man of her dreams?


I would like to thank you for inviting me to your blog. I’m very excited to be here and to talk about Dark Promise, the Underworld Series. This is a short little novella that is based in Frisco, Colorado, home away from home. I grew up in this town and many of my stories are based in Frisco. I hope to hear from you. Please contact me at www.mlguida.com/contact

M.L. Guida

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I was surfing through the internet and saw a sink hole in South America. It was huge and I kept thinking what if something crawled out. This is when I came up with the idea of a demon, but not from hell, but from the Underworld.

I also live in Colorado and have been heart sick over all the pine trees killed by the pine beetle. I came up with the idea of a pine beetle coming to the Underworld and killing the Dragon Demon’s scared Golden Tree.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It only took me about a month to write Dark Promise, but that was only the first draft. However, once a first draft is done, I start sending chapters to my critique partner and then fix what she suggests. I edit the whole manuscript when she’s done and then send it to my editor. The entire process probably took me about four to six months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love creating characters and torturing them. I like to see my characters grow and overcome their obstacles. I also like world building and creating something unique from any other author’s world and escaping to a new dimension.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
When I find writing a story, I always feel let down like someone had died. I get so caught up with my characters that it’s sad to move onto another project and leave them.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would want to be Sherrilyn Kenyon because she has developed such a unique world of Dark Hunters and Were Hunters. I know I get lost in her world and it takes me away from the stress of my world.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I hate to admit that I have things shoved back against the refrigerator and don’t know how long they’ve been there. Bad, bad writer!

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I have a new release coming this summer, A Pirate’s Revenge. It is the sequel to A Pirate’s Curse in my Legends of the Soaring Phoenix. This series is about pirates cursed by a demon and every full moon, they turn into vampires. I have plenty of vampires, demons and dragons in this series.

I also will have a new release this fall with my Vampires on Holiday Series. This is the second book, A Vampire’s Fallen Christmas Star. In this book, Jayden Kye is a rock star who falls down a mountain and impales himself. The only way Eleanor Baines, a vampire, can save him is by turning him. Together they must defeat the vampire killers determined to kill them.

And finally, I’m in the process of working on Ravaged Soul, which is the sequel to Dark Promise. This is Toby’s story. He must battle his demons and learn to forgive before he can find true love.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)