Touching the Moon by Lisa M. Airey‏


Lisa has worked in the wine industry for 20 years, the most recent eight in education with the Society of Wine Educators and the French Wine Society. In these roles, she has authored and/or edited wine study manuals and developed or expanded certification programs for the wine trade.

In her free-time, she writes fiction...naturally, with a glass of wine at the elbow.

She is a Maryland Master Gardener and puts that training into practice in her sizable vegetable garden. To assist her, she has recruited the services of a very helpful staff: two Chinese geese, two mini-Rex rabbits and 2,000 red wigglers (worms)…all of which are “master composters”. An adopted feral cat guards the perimeters and keeps the groundhogs at bay. She resides in Monkton, Maryland.

www.lisamairey.com
http://www.lisamairey.com/blog.php
Twitter: @LisaMAirey
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-M-Airey/435564216488832
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6622769.Lisa_M_Airey
http://www.amazon.com/Lisa-M.-Airey/e/B00B9D3TIM/


A gifted healer with a genetic secret and a haunted past, Julie Hastings takes her new veterinary degree to South Dakota hoping to bury memories of a physically abusive stepfather and unprotective mother.

Although intending to lead a quiet life, she finds herself relentlessly pursued by two unwelcome suitors: the Chief of Police and a powerful member of the Sioux Indian Nation.

The man she chooses shatters her world-view.

Her stepfather taught her that not all monsters run on four legs. Now Julie must face another truth—some beasts are good.


Book Trailer

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
That’s an interesting question. I stared at that blank computer screen for a long time before my fingers started moving across the keyboard. I didn’t have a plot per se. I just had an idea. I wanted to write about a young woman who wanted to start life over. Once I developed the characters, they wrote the story themselves. I loved the James Herriot tales of veterinary life in rural England. I love paranormal books and have read quite a few. It just all came together in this novel.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
My debut novel literally poured out of me. Just 90 days from start to finish! I wrote every day. My daughter was away in college and homesick, so I started sending her chapters of my manuscript to keep her spirits up. Next, all of her flat-mates started reading it, too! Their requests for “more” kept me moving at a very fast clip to the finish line. My daughter and her best friend were my first beta-readers/editors; their critiques allowed me to write and revise simultaneously. In the end, my first-draft was more like a second-draft!

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Living in a world of my own making. In my world, good things happen to good people. Not immediately…but in the end. We rarely get to see justice in today’s reality, so in my universe, I do endeavor to align the stars appropriately!

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Sitting! Sitting! Sitting! I try to do some of my plotting while driving, cooking, cleaning or gardening, but I still have to sit down and type it all into the manuscript. I spend a lot of time in a chair.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
British Archeologist Howard Carter! I would have loved to been in the Valley of the Kings in 1922 when he discovered King Tut’s tomb. It had to have been an adrenaline rush of epic magnitude to see such a piece of history unearthed!

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Carl. Carl is a sourdough starter that originated on the Oregon Trail back in 1847. I turn him into bread on a regular basis. He’s mighty impressive for a 167-year-old. Google Carl Griffith sourdough starter! There is a whole network of bread bakers trying to keep this legacy alive. You can get some dried starter (plus instructions and recipes) for the price of a SASE.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
More! I’m currently working on the sequel to “Touching the Moon”, but I’ve got a vampire novel up my sleeve. I’ll probably dive into that one when I finish the sequel. I enjoy the paranormal genre, so will definitely continue to write within that realm! If you’d like to get a feel for my writing style, the first chapter of “Touching the Moon”, it is posted on my website! Stop on by!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)