Eternal Mixture by Shevaun DeLucia


Shevaun DeLucia lives in upstate New York with her husband, four children, and two dogs. As a stay-at-home mom while her children were young, she fell in love with reading. She indulged in the small moments that took her away from the reality of her loud, overly rambunctious household, bringing her into a world of fantasy. When reading wasn’t enough to satisfy her, she turned to writing, determined to create the perfect ending of her own.

Twitter
Goodreads
Facebook


If you had the chance to start your life over, would you take it? If you were told you would live for eternity, would you embrace it? If a stranger told you he was your soul mate, would you believe it?

Raina Richmond has played it safe her entire life. She has never broken the rules. That is, until Brent Alexander walked straight into her life, causing havoc. Turning her world upside down.

Brent is the new kid in town. He is every girl’s fantasy: adorable, charming, chiseled, and the typical boy Raina usually steers clear of. But there is just something about him she can’t seem to resist. Safe is no longer an option for her. For him, she breaks all the rules.

What she doesn’t realize is that he holds the key to her past, present, and future. Once he reveals the reasons behind their irrevocable connection, she will unlock the answers to all of her questions, and her life as she knows it will never be the same again.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I actually was enrolled in a short story English course at the community college to help with my writing. The professor gave us topics to write stories about. That’s when the idea for this story was created; except at the time, the short story was titled The Chosen One.

After the course was over with, I constantly thought about the story. I couldn’t get Brent and Raina out of my mind. It was almost as if the story was calling to me, wanting to be told. I knew their story wasn’t finished, so I gave into the need and began typing.

Once the story took full form, the title didn’t quite fit. It had to be changed. Eternal Mixture was thought of late one night before falling asleep; that’s when a good amount of my ideas seem to take place. The one thing I was absolutely sure of was that the paranormal would have its place in this book.

I love anything to do with vampires, werewolves, and immortals. Throw a love story in the mix, and I’m sold. The idea of living for eternity fascinates me. It evokes a desire that I wish I could fulfill, and with my creativity and writing, I have! I can now live vicariously through Brent and Raina forever.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Between working full time, having four kids at home, and trying to tend to normal house/mom duties, it took me exactly a year to write Eternal Mixture. I know. A year is a very long time, but writing for hours at a time is not an option for me. If I do happen to get more than thirty minutes in one sitting, it most likely happens late at night when everyone is in bed.

To be honest, I don’t even know how I managed to find the time to write Eternal Mixture! But I did, and it was well worth any of my extra time. I don’t think of writing as work; I think of it more as a necessity, like water or air. I need it to survive. It’s just part of me now.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
The creativity. The challenge. The ability to witness my characters taking form and watching them blossom gives me such gratification. It’s almost like watching your own child grow right in front of your eyes.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I would have to say the writer’s block. We all get it at one point or another, and it completely sucks! The only way to knock through the blocked wall is to get away and then come back with a bulldozer to tear it down. Time away is the key.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would have to say Kim Kardashian. I know what some of you must be thinking. Haha! I had the same thoughts when typing this name. But I am dying to know what it’s like to have your own zip code for a booty!

On a serious note, though, Stephanie Meyer would be an awesome person to be for a day. She not only wrote amazing books, but she was able to help with producing the movies for them as well. I think that’s every author’s dream. To experience that for a day would be amazing!

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Hmmm … I would have to say the oldest thing in my fridge would be the big tobacco sauce bottle. I purchased it from the wholesale club BJ’s, and it was well worth the purchase. Lol. It seems like it has lasted forever.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I expect to release the second and third books of the Eternal Mixture series. Woohooo! I’m about two chapters into the second one so far. Beyond this, I am dying to dip myself into some adult romance. I already have some ideas put aside for this once the Eternal Mixture series is closed, and I’m stoked!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)