Ruler of Demons by Scott A. Lerner‏


Author and attorney Scott A. Lerner resides in Champaign, Illinois. He obtained his undergraduate degree in psychology from the University of Wisconsin in Madison and went on to obtain his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois in Urbana Champaign.

He is currently a sole practitioner in Champaign, Illinois. The majority of his law practice focuses on the fields of Criminal law and Family Law. Mr. Lerner lives with his wife, their two children, and their cat Fern.

Lerner collects unusual antiques and enjoys gardening, traveling, reading fiction and going to the movies. Scott's first novel featuring Samuel Roberts, Cocaine Zombies, won a Bronze 2012 IPPY Award.

You can find him online at:


Human sacrifice and an impending apocalypse sure can throw a wrench in the holiday season.

Only eleven shopping days till Christmas. And less than a week to save the world.

Three nuns--in Chicago, Paris, and Jerusalem--have been killed in a religious ritual. The choice of victims and the macabre details of their deaths indicate that someone is following a recipe provided on an ancient text--a recipe to unleash the forces of hell on earth. The final sacrifice must occur on the Winter Solstice.

Samuel Roberts, a small-town attorney in Urbana, Illinois, knows a bit about the supernatural, having triumphed at least once over the forces of evil. Thanks to a friend who is aware of Sam's little known previous efforts on behalf of mankind, Sam is hired by a big Chicago law firm to take on a sensitive case. His mission? Nothing less than halting the impending apocalypse.

Sam and his good buddy Bob travel first to Jerusalem then Paris in a desperate race to save mankind.

Amazon
Book Depository

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Cocaine Zombies concerned religious aspects of voodoo. I thought that Ruler of Demons might throw a wider net. Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism and Islam all reference demons. I thought it might be a fun and an exciting ride to build on some common archetypes and create a story that would keep you up at night. I hope people will have fun with it.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I am a fast writer so not very long. It took me a lot longer to make changes and to fact check it than the writing itself. I was lucky to have the help from Catherine Treadgold and her assistant with the editing. I did have to do some research as well which took some time. When it comes to religion I want to try and get it right.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I like to take to take my mind off my mundane life and dip into the supernatural. It is a form of escape. Sure sometimes it can take you to some dark places but at others it can make you laugh. Humor is an important element in all my writing.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
It is a bit like exercise sometimes it is hard to get in the mood to sit down and do it. Yet, as with exercise, once you actually get started you feel better. The business side of writing can also be frustrating.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Am I limited to this time in history? If I am I would guess some young billionaire head of a multinational corporation. Maybe I could give the other me a few billion as a gift for writing Ruler of Demons.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
In Cocaine Zombies Sam finds a severed head and a human heart in his refrigerator. I am not sure my own ice box is much better. I do have an item in my crisper bin that I believe was once an eggplant. It no longer has a purple glossy outside, but instead is slightly gray with fur. Without carbon dating it's impossible to determine its age. (Note: it is no longer there.)
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)