Lady of the Dead by Gretchen S. B.‏


Gretchen happily lives in Seattle, Washington where she spends her time creating new characters and situations to put them in. She also enjoys cheering on her local sports teams, even though it sometimes seems they are allergic to winning.

She has loved reading and telling stories as far back as she, or anyone else, can remember. Currently, she loves to read the same genres she writes. She also loves exploring her home state. At the end of her adventures she unwinds by curling up on the couch, knitting while catching up TV shows.

www.Gretchensb.com
https://twitter.com/GretchenSB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gretchen-S-B/540293959350712


A Lady of the Dead only comes along once in a century. Gwen knows this makes her valuable but she hates the constant supervision of her Warrior guards. Her increasing power has gifted her some independence until rumors of war spook her guards enough to report to the King

Cesar has been King of North America through several wars and rebellions. When one of his generals informs him these new rumors involve the Lady of the Dead he flies to Seattle himself it investigate, posing as his second-in-command. The instant attraction he feels to Gwen becomes increasingly hard to ignore.

Will Cesar be able to protect Gwen while battling his lust? Will Gwen stay with her warrior guards or will Cesar’s dominating nature push her to switch sides? Hidden alliances begin to surface in Lady of the Dead.


Smashwords

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
It started with the opening scene, where Gwen states that she was weaned from reality. That idea stuck in my head. What if a character's reality was slightly askew from a young age and they did not realize what they though was reality was not real.

The first couple paragraphs sat on my computer for a long time before I could figure out how to make a story from them.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Once I started writing it took seven months. But it did sit on my computer for years, just as an idea, before that.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love being on a role, where the words are just pouring out of you. I enjoy not knowing exactly was is going to happen next until I am typing away and the scenes pour straight from the well of my imagination on to the computer. I love watching the scenes play out in my head as I type. It is such a rush.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
It is a tie between, when you have written yourself into a corner and can't see a way out and the only way to fix it is to gut the story and try to re-stitch it together. The other one is when you have been over a scene so many times that the scene no longer seems to have any life to it. Then you never know if you have over-edited or simply read it too much.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I have no idea. Maybe I am over thinking it but I have no idea what their lives would be like or what I would be stepping into. The idea of stepping into someone else's life mid step sound almost daunting to me.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I live with a gentleman I like to call 'He who shall not be tagged' and he has a strange hatred of things being on the fridge. I do not know why, maybe he was stung by an angry wasp repeatedly while looking as a decorated fridge as a child? We will just never know. I do have a set of magnetic salt and pepper shakers that my grandma gave me in college. Those get to stay on the fridge solely because they are from her.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I hope to have two Urban Fantasy books out within the next six months. They are two different series than my current work Lady of the Dead. After that I am hoping to continue writing fiction for years. Anything from Fantasy to Romance and combinations of the two.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)