Just Live, Juliette! By Stephanie Andrassy‏


Stephanie Andrassy is the coffeeholic author of Noble Lies, a fantasy romance, as well as the paranormal romance Home series. Beginning with the free short story, The White Peacock, the journey within this supernatural series continues in Just Live, Juliette! (Home Series #1) and Rocks Don’t Cry (Home Series #2), and will be joined by at least two further books.

She holds a B.A. from the University of Guelph and presently resides in southern Ontario, Canada with her family. An avid reader of romance, fantasy, drama, women's literature, suspense, and non-fiction; she’s been writing for her own personal pleasure since she was a child - a life-long love affair with the written word.

Readers are anticipating further new releases in 2014, including a sequel to Noble Lies and the next book in The Home Series.

Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads


You never know what the morning after has in store for you, especially after drinks at a bar, a perfect man, and a night of the best sex you have ever experienced. Rather than dancing through a field of daisies, Juliette may be pushing them up instead. She awakes to a world where everything is familiar and nothing is what it appears to be; where the key to endless love is learning to just live.

This is the first book in the Home series; a journey which began with the short story, "The White Peacock", included for your convenience and reading pleasure.

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I hadn’t planned to write this story. Initially, the idea was to simply write a short “paranormal story with a twist” for a competition, but by the time I’d finished writing The White Peacock and sent it out my door almost a year ago, I was dying to know what happened after that last paragraph. That’s when the fun really began. From the ashes of The White Peacock, the full-length novel Just Live, Juliette! was born; a story detailing the journey beyond death, set in the day-to-day landscape and social fabric of the afterlife. It was an opportunity to explore all the questions about the afterlife that had always fascinated me and pull together thoughts and theories floating around in my mind if only for my own amusement and your reading pleasure - ghosts, psychics, kindred spirits, interactions with mortals, previous lives, etc.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
The first draft of the story from start to finish was “on paper” in about two months. When a story grips your mind, the only thing holding it back is your typing speed. From there, I spent another couple of months in edit mode before it was off to my amazing team of beta readers.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I’m a night owl. The world is a quiet and peaceful place at 2 am and I love how my stories dance in front of this quiet and dark backdrop with next to no distractions (apart from the dog wanting to go outside). It’s an awesome feeling - knowing the world around me is asleep while I slip off and immerse myself in the world of my characters.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Mornings. If I can’t quiet the story in my mind until the wee hours of the morning, it makes that 7 a.m. alarm clock buzzer sound particularly evil.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I’m quite happy being me, but if I had to choose, I’d like to take over the body and mind of one of the world’s tyrannical dictators for a day. I don’t have a specific name to offer (unfortunately, there’s a bit of choice), but I quite like the idea of being given the opportunity to rubber stamp some changes into place - redistribute the wealth, food, healthcare, housing, education, clothing, etc. to the benefit of a suppressed population, and put plans into place to ensure a brighter future for my fellow man. Maybe it couldn’t be done in a day. Can I have more time?

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
The light bulb. It came with fridge about twelve years ago and still burns brightly every time I open the door.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I have two projects on the go at the moment - the third book in The Home Series (Just Live, Juliette! is the first) and a sequel to my fantasy romance, Noble Lies. I’m planning to have both of these out my door later in 2014. After that, there will be the fourth (and possibly a fifth) book wrapping up the Home Series, and a couple of contemporary romances that are itching to be written. One is done in first draft form so that may be where I start. It’s been sitting on the back burner (in a drawer) for several years now.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)