Foresight by Erika Szabo


Growing up with a father who was a closet reader, some macho image that allowed him to only read in secret. After I caught him reading my book, The Lady of the Camellias, he shared his love of books with me and introduced me to many great books.

Before I started writing this series, I had played with the idea of writing a fantasy story peppered with historical facts. The history of the Huns always fascinated me—they were my ancestors—although I decided that it was a stupid idea after I started reading about how to write a fiction book. I had no idea how to create a good story line or form characters and make up a plot, and I wasn’t a literary genius. But, the idea didn’t leave me alone, and I kept adding events and dialogues in my head to Ilona’s story.

Not knowing how to do something properly had never prevented me from accepting a good challenge before, so I sat down at the computer and began writing. I've never been good at following rules or formulas; therefore, I discarded the instructions and made up my own rules.

I began writing Ilona's story as a diary, for my own enjoyment, jotting down the ideas that swirled in my head was far better than being haunted by them. For months I kept writing and soon realized that I never had so much fun doing anything in my life before.

http://www.authorerikamszabo.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Erika.M.Szabo.ND.Author
https://www.facebook.com/IlonaTheHunNovels
https://twitter.com/#!/erikamszabo
http://lnkd.in/N64qzw
https://plus.google.com/u/0/112402888400847638099/posts/p/pub
http://www.pinterest.com/erikamszabo/
http://www.amazon.com/Erika-M.-Szabo/e/B004S0OV12/
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/erikamszabo
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4264484.Erika_M_Szabo


Ilona has been in love with her unsuspecting best friend, when a dashing stranger explodes into her life. The sudden magnetic feeling frightens her. Will he break her heart, or will he bring true happiness?

A sinister dark man appears, Ilona connects his presence with the series of mysterious deaths around her. She is an emergency room doctor, born into an ancient tribe which still exists hidden amongst us with its fiercely enforced rules. She doesn’t know much about her heritage besides legends and rituals that she continues out of respect for her parents.

She begins to remember the forgotten instructions concealed as rhymes her mother was teaching her since she was a small child and discovers that she can rearrange the human body to its healthy state. This ability is exciting as well as frightening. She is conflicted between having confidence in her intelligence and inherited abilities while having no confidence as a woman.

Her insecurity created barriers which keep others out, and I also keep her caged in. She has been evacuated from her easy and steady life, and is forced to face the unknown.


Amazon
Lulu 
BN

Book Video
Magazine

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I’ve been publishing educational books, but because I always loved reading romantic suspense, I decided to write one. The history of the Huns always fascinated me - they were my ancestors - although I decided that it was a stupid idea after I started reading about how to write a fiction book - I am not a literary genius, I have no idea how to create a good story line or form characters and make up a plot - I thought, but the idea didn’t leave me alone. I kept adding events and dialogs in my head to Ilona’s story, and one day I decided to sit down and write it.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
The Guarded Secrets series took me about two years to write. I took a break here and there to publish a few educational or fun books too.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
My favorite thing is that I can let my imagination fly. I can create magical world, give my characters abilities and with a sentence, I can make them to be good or evil.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Coming up with a title and write a synopsis for the book are my least favorite parts.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would love to be a famous writer. No, I’m kidding, I’m far from that. Seriously, I would love to discover something that makes people healthier or prevent disease. I would love to have the healing touch, Ilona, the main character in my books has. To wipe out every single disease, so everyone could live happy and healthy.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Oh, my! I just looked, seriously! I found a box of yogurt hidden behind pickle jars that expired in August. I cleaned the fridge many times since, I swear, but somehow I missed it. Good thing it’s sealed, otherwise my house would stink.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I started writing a romantic ghost story. Not the very spooky kind, but something different.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)