All Shook Up by Jacy Oliver‏


Jacy Oliver, has always had a thing about writing. She is a graduate of Idaho State University and when she’s not writing she spends most of her days working the family business and even then sometimes she writes. She is highly sarcastic and loves to laugh and have a good time. ‘All Shook Up’ is her debut novel.

www.jacyoliver.com
https://twitter.com/JacyOliver1
https://www.facebook.com/jacyoliverauthorpage



Kate Cook got a steal on a cheap dependable car. The only catch, she has to fly down to Las Vegas to pick it up. When she arrives at the dealership, she runs into a problem, the kind that threatens to ruin more than just her day.

Fortunately, she is rescued by Coulter Holt, a businessman with problems of his own. Namely, a vindictive step-mother who will do anything to get Coulter to see things her way. Which includes destroying his relationship with his father, jeopardizing Coulter's million-dollar conglomerate.

Feeling she needs to repay him for rescuing her, Kate agrees to help him thwart his step-mother by pretending to be Coulter's fiancée.

But under the dazzling lights of Las Vegas where anything is possible, Kate feels the sparks began to fly between her and Coulter, and she realizes this favor might wind up costing her more than just time, it might just steal her heart.


Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
Well that’s a pretty funny story. I had a friend who owns a car dealership find me a car, which he bought on an online auction, with the agreement that I would go pick it up. Which I did. I flew to Las Vegas, stayed in a hotel, then the next day I had a friend of a friend, drive me to the car auction place to pick it up. I ran into a bit of a problem, but in the end was able to drive my car home. I thought wouldn’t it have been fun to write a story about Las Vegas, and used my own experience to get it started.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
It started writing it the beginning of April and wrote about, 20,000 words. I put it down trying to finish another story I had been working on (and still am.) Feeling stuck on that story I picked ‘All Shook Up’ back up the beginning of June and finished it about the middle of September.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
I love watching my characters come to life. To take shape and become almost this entity. There are so many times when I will be writing and my character will do or say something, and I would think, hey that’s not where I was going, but it doesn’t matter because that’s where they were going and it always ends up being better than what I wanted the character to do.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I’m not much of a morning person. I love getting into a writing groove and sometimes will go until the early hours of the morning. So it’s hard when my alarm goes off and I have to get up and get going when I wish I could sleep in.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
That’s kind of a hard one for me, there are lots of people I admire and would love to talk to.But I’m not sure I would want to walk in their shoes. I’m going to say Jane Austen. I would love to experience her world for a day. (But only a day…I like my indoor plumbing…LOL) I would love to see inside her head and what she actually thought of life and love, and the world that she lived in.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
Oh my goodness, well I have lots of condiments that are really old, but as far as food goes, there is some moldy cheese, that is about a month old…LOL…but not anymore.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
All Shook Up is the first of a three book series entitled ‘It Happened in Vegas’, the second (still untitled) will be out hopefully the middle of January. This is a new journey for me and I’m still learning and growing, I hope to improve with each book I write and I plan to write for years to come.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)