A Pirate’s Curse by M.L. Guida‏


M.L. Guida lives in Colorado near the Rocky Mountains. She loves to take her cocker spaniel, Sadie, for walks on the trails behind her house. The preternatural has always interested M.L. and even as young girl, she'd read Alfred Hitchcock's The Three Young Investigators. Her favorite book in his series was the Mystery of the Green Ghost. It was a big hit in the third grade.

Today, she continues to love the paranormal and one of her favorite shows is Supernatural. Yes, she's a Sam and Dean Winchester fan. Her favorite monster is a vampire. Bram Stoker and Ann Rice got her hooked. Who wouldn't love a sexy man biting you on the neck?

M.L. Guida just finished obtaining her Master of Arts in Creative Writing and now currently, has two masters. The other is a Master of Social Work.

She currently is writing for Passion in Print with her Angels of Death series and has a contract with Lyrical Press and will be releasing a new paranormal novella in March 2014. She is currently working on her new Legends of the Soaring Phoenix and plans to release the first novel in the summer of 2013.

She is a member of Colorado Romance Writers and Romance Writers of America.

http://www.mlguida.com
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5177984.M_L_Guida/blog
http://www.mlguida.com/blog/
@ml_mlguida
https://www.facebook.com/ml.guida1



Like a dark angel, Captain Kane O'Brien rescues Hannah Knight and her father from drowning after vampire pirates murder their crew and sink their ship. Struggling to control and hide her telekinetic powers, Hannah discovers the honorable and bold captain possesses his own secrets.

Every full moon, Kane turns into a vampire. Finding out Hannah not to be the cabin boy she resembles, but a beautiful, luscious woman, tempts all his appetites. Desperate to be free of his curse, Kane considers handing Hannah over to a demon. But after Hannah uses her power to save his ship from his immortal enemy, Kane can no longer deny his attraction and vows to protect Hannah with his life.

To find true love, they must combine their powers to defeat evil vampires, thwart Hannah's misogynist fiancé and escape a crafty demon. 

Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
I have to admit it was Pirate’s of the Caribbean. I love Johnny Depp. Such a hottie.

My favorite monster is a vampire. They’re seductive, mesmerizing, passionate.

But rather than the some old vampire tale where a bite turns someone into a vampire, I wanted to come up with something different, something with a twist. In my story, a demon cursed a lake and anyone who drinks from the lake turns into a vampire during the full moon. In this tale, there are good and bad vampires and demons.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
I have other books out, but A Pirate’s Curse has always been my baby. I first started writing this story about five years ago. I first started writing this story about five years ago. After rewriting it several times, the story finally came together.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
I have to interview my characters and ask them soul searching questions such as what do you feel the most guilty about? This generates interesting conflict and develops a more complex character. I determine their enneagram. An enneagram is comparable to an astrological sign. There are nine enneagrams and I have to determine which ones represent my characters. Sometimes I’m surprised at the result.

Losing my self in my characters and creating their world is one of my favorite things about writing. When I write, I become my character, male or female. A movie runs in my head and it’s just as real as if I were watching television or a movie in a theater. I like to torture my characters with conflicts, especially double jeopardy. It’s a way to propel the story and make my characters stronger.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Editing, re-editing and re-editing again. I never feel my story is done. Sometimes harpies (tiny evil fairies) fly around me and shoot doubt arrows at me. Self-doubt can be crippling at time.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I’d want to be Sherrilyn Kenyon because she is such fabulous writer and creates believable worlds. She’s strong and has survived some terrible times in her life. I met her once and she’s a lovely person.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I’d have to say what ever jars are crammed in the back. I checked. Pickles and jelly. You’ve motivated me to clean the refrigerator.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
A Pirate’s Curse is the first book out of six books in the Legends of the Soaring Phoenix. William’s story, A Pirate’s Revenge, will be released in February 2014. In November 2013, I will be releasing A Vampire’s Christmas Wish, a paranormal contemporary story. It’s a novella.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)