Falken's Woods by Sara Beth Cole‏


Sara-Beth Cole lives in Southeastern Michigan with her husband and two children along with her rescue dog, Rufus, and cat, Clara. She loves reading and sunshine and combines the two as often as possible.

https://www.facebook.com/FalkensWoods


After losing her mother, Regina Holler moves to a small town with her estranged Aunt Liddy.

In between making soap and learning about her peculiar family history, Regina stumbles across two brothers with problems of their own.

Jason and Landon swear that the woods she wanders through aren’t haunted, but it seems the ghosts of Regina’s past are set on colliding with the ghosts of Falken’s Woods.

Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
A) I saw a commercial for a television series. I don't know the name of the show or what it's about, but I stared at the image of a cottage overgrown with wildflowers for ten minutes, knowing there was a story attached to it somewhere.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
A) From start to finish, about two years. I began writing Falken's Woods when my daughter was three months old. It took me a while to edit because I had also chosen that time to return to college and that took priority over writing.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
A) I have a tendency to fall into the world I'm writing about. In that way, it's a lot like reading. I love the passion and affinity I have for my stories and that's what keeps me going late into the night or waking up an extra hour early just to get a few more chapters in.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
A) Definitely the editing! I have my beta readers go through and mark up my story and, while I enjoy hearing other opinions and catching anything that doesn't fit, it takes a long time and I have a horrible habit of putting it off.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
A) I'm a lousy singer so I think it would be fun to be any famous singer and go to a karaoke bar for a night and sing my heart out without embarrassing myself.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
A) I'm so glad you asked this because I just recently cleaned out my fridge. The oldest thing in there now is Chinese leftovers from three days ago. If you had asked me last week, It would have been a container of bacon grease I had been saving for split pea soup that I never made.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
A) I want to write more Young Adult fiction and I'm working on a project now that I hope to publish sometime next year. It's a YA science-fiction/fantasy novel that touches on bits of mythology but remains current. After that, I have a couple other ideas I'm juggling in my head.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)