Sugar Baby by Aaron B. Powell‏


Aaron Powell served as a marine during Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. He graduated from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2003 with a bachelor of arts in criminal justice and a psychology minor. He also completed a second bachelor of arts in business administration at Ashford University, where he graduated with distinction in 2011. Aaron Powell is the author of the Doomsday Diaries series, C-Town, Benjamin, Hurry Up and Wait, Sugar Baby, and Scream, “Aye, Sir!” He enjoys reading—particularly military history and nonfiction—and writing, and is an active marksman. Aaron and his wife and sons live near Austin, Texas.

Author site
Facebook
Goodreads
 Sugar Baby – A young man or woman who receives financial compensation and/or gifts in exchange for companionship, often including favors of the sexual nature.

Sugar Daddy/Sugar Mommy – A wealthy, often older man or women, who provides financial compensation and/or gifts to a Sugar Baby in exchange for companionship.

"Sugar Baby is told in quick, sizzling scenes that can be savored chapter by chapter or in one delightful sitting. Powell engages the reader with a bouquet of sensory inputs; Marissa with her vanilla scent that "tastes like peaches," Brittney's satisfied grunts and moans, and a plethora of psychedelic colors, and sensations at the hotel. Powell also creates layered characters who aren't just there for great sex but who also have dreams of their own." --Clarion Review

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I’ve always been interested in the idea of a Sugar Baby. I had been hearing more and more about these web sites where business men hire college girls to hang out with. Initially it sounded like a form of prostitution, and that didn’t excite me too much. Later I read an article in Playboy about an older married couple who hired a Sugar Baby. It was more than a sex thing. The husband and wife were interested in finding a person they could get comfortable with. They wanted someone to hang out with and share their love with. It’s definitely taboo, and I thought, “Hey, there’s a way better story here than this little magazine snippet portrays.” I began to imagine what it would be like if my wife and I tried to meet a Sugar Baby. That’s how the story was born.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Once I had the beginning outlined in my mind, it took me about a week and a half to put Sugar Baby down on paper. Once I get going, I generally write pretty fast. It’s the proofreading and editing that take forever.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
It’s an escape. Not that my life is horrible or anything. But I create this universe in my mind and I live there as the story plays out. It’s wonderful, especially when I’m writing a story like Sugar Baby. Let’s just say that I get myself pretty worked up with some of the juicy scenes.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
The problem with creating these stories is that I almost convince myself that they’re real. They’re better than real life—so vivid—so when my protagonist is feeling down or conflicted, it’s often something that I’m feeling as well. When I was writing my story, Benjamin, I actually made myself depressed. It wasn’t just that I feeling what my character was feeling, I was reliving childhood experiences. My wife was even worried about me. I became very introverted and flat. It’s dangerous in a way. I’m throwing myself down the rabbit hole.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I should probably be someone with some political influence and try to fix something. But that would be completely boring to talk about. I’d be Jessica Alba for sure. After exploring myself in front of a mirror and rubbing warm oil all over my beautiful body for a few hours, I’d listen to myself speak and whisper “Aaron, you’re such a talented writer. Seduce me with your prose. Tell me what you want to do to me. You’re amazing. I want to be with you always and forever.” It’d be cool to feel what it’s like to pee like a girl too. But mostly I’d just rub warm oil all over my Jessica Alba self in front of a tall mirror. I wanna know what it’s like to come like a girl.

                                         

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Hmm, I’ll have to check. I’m not really sure what that was. It’s pretty damn old though.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Oh, I feel like I’m just getting warmed up. All I want to do is write. But it seems like the more I want to write, the more life gets in the way. Life is funny like that. I’m always trying to bring more emotion. I want to do more romance. I like to show female readers what it’s like to be in a man’s head. I’ve been writing some short stories that focus more on the emotions than the sex. I just finished up one story called Voluntary, and another called The Girl from Reading Center. I created the female characters as a representation of two very real women whom I dated when I was younger. I had to tap into those old feelings of young love to capture that passion. My head is all screwed up now, LOL. I feel like I had an imaginary affair.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)