Just Good Friends by S.L. Siwik‏


S.L. Siwik lives in New Jersey with her husband, daughter, and two dogs.

She loves going to NJ diners on the weekend for inspiration, drinks a pot of coffee a day, and loves finding new music to add to her list.

Just Good Friends is her debut book.

https://twitter.com/SLSiwik
http://slsiwik.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/SL-Siwik/342191975888498
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17458186-just-good-friends

 Juggling two jobs and mounting bills, Audrey decides she doesn't have time for a boyfriend, but contemplates a friends plus situation. After placing a personal ad, she meets Mike, a local cop, former Marine. He's old fashioned and overbearing, but she just can't walk away.

Unfortunately for her, Michael is an expert marksman, and her heart never stood a chance. Their tumultuous love affair crashes to an ending neither foresaw, and Audrey is forced to make a decision that will change both their lives forever.

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I was trying to think of an original contemporary story about two very burned people, because I wanted to tackle the idea of everyone being worthy of love. But, nothing came to me for almost a year. Nothing solid at least. One night, after a long day at work, I listened to a song Born to Die by Lana Del Rey and the entire story line (the whole series) came to me as well as the basic characterization of Mike, Audrey, and their friends.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
After coming up with the story line, I then sat for a week working out the finer details of the character’s personalities before writing. The Rough Draft of this story took me exactly one month to write. The words poured out of me. The Second Draft took me another month and four scenes were added that were not in the original. From there, I began editing which took another month. It was outrageously fast.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Being able to express myself through story. Getting ideas in my head out onto the computer screen, so that my brain feels ‘empty.’

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Editing and formatting.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
The President. I think it would be fascinating to find out just what really is involved in being in that position. Plus, I would love to know all of the special secrets that I’m sure he is privy to like who was behind Kennedy’s assassination, and what’s really behind Area 54.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Grapes- 4 days old. I have a five year old, so I have to be vigilant about not leaving bad food in the fridge.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I have a New Adult series that I wrote. The first book in the 5 book series titled Winning Back Ryan will be out this month. The sequel for Just Good Friends is titled Curiously Entwined and it is ¾ finished. It will be out before the end of the year. Just Good Friends written from Mike’s POV is also about ¼ finished. The title is Operation Ginger.


Goodreads Book Giveaway

Just Good Friends by S.L. Siwik

Just Good Friends

by S.L. Siwik

Giveaway ends June 29, 2013.
See the giveaway details at Goodreads.
Enter to win
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)