Movie Review Monday

Game of Thrones
Season 1, Episode 1

I know, I know, I'm a little slow on the uptake.  This series has been out for a while, but time is not always a luxury I have.  Since my other shows are on hiatus for the summer, this was the perfect chance to get started on this series.  I attempted to read this book for book club a few months ago, but it is HUGE, and I didn't get through it.  Plus, there will be seven books in the series.

I had made if far enough in the book to understand what was happening in the first episode.  The ending, however, was new territory for me.  It will be a fun reveal to see what happens next.  The show wasn't bad.  I thought it was a little slow, but it's introducing characters and building itself up.  I can wade through the tedium to get to the exciting parts. 

I'm still withholding judgement on the series since I've only seen one.  I will say, though, that I'm very happy Jason Momoa is in there.  He's very yummy, and his character seems pretty cool.  The storyline with his new bride and her brother promises to be interesting too.  I'm excited for the dragons (yes, I know about the dragons.  We discussed the books at book club, remember?).

All in all, I think it will be a great series.  I usually enjoy the series HBO puts together.  I could live without the incest, but I know George R.R. Martin based his book on actual historical events, so it happened, and I'll just have to deal with it. 
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)