Movie Review Monday

The Chronicles of Narnia:  The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)

This was my favorite book out of the whole series.  I read it before my oldest was born, so over 5 years ago.  I don't remember a lot of the details, but I do remember I enjoyed it immensely.

The movie was great.  I thought they did a wonderful job casting Eustace.  He was such a pain in the butt, but, as usual, he comes around in the end.

The storyline was fun and exciting.  Adventure around every corner.  The computer-generated graphics were great.  The books were originally created for a middle grade audience, and I think they appeal very well for that.  The films could be all right for that age.  It all depends on how sensitive your kids are.  My kids, 3 and 5, watched it, and the only thing that scared the 5 year old was the humanish bulls (and they are the good guys!). 

Even though it is geared for a younger audience, it is still entertaining for adults.  The creature at the end is a little creepy, but not overly so.  If you enjoy action adventure and this series, I think you'll like this movie.  I definitely recommend it.

Since my family was gone this weekend, I had a lot of time on my hands.  Besides this movie, I watched some older films.  I watched Slither (2006) and Jason X (2001).  Both highly entertaining and fabulous films.  It was a very relaxing weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)