This Week in Writing

The book event was so fun! It turned out to be every student in grades from Kindergarten to 6th got empty hardback books to write their story in. Then, they are going to be sent to local businesses so people can read them and put comments in the back. They were so cute!

It brought back a lot of memories for me. I never had a hardback book like they did, but in the 3rd grade, my teacher laminated a story I created. That was close to the same thing. It was so fun to see the looks of pride on the kid's faces and read their little books. Every dream has to start somewhere, and this is a great place to begin!

I'm on chapter 17 of the dragon story. I'm thinking six more chapters (roughly) and the first draft should be done. Things are probably going to slow down a bit since I have some editing to do, but I try to squeeze in my writing in when I can. I'm aiming for the end of the month to have it ready for beta readers. *Fingers crossed*


The other night, the 4 year old and I made a trip to Wal-Mart. I heard him in the back seat whispering to himself. I let it go for a while, not able to hear what he was saying, then asked, "Whatcha doin' back there?"

"Usin' my magination," he tells me.

"Oh, very nice," I say. "I use my imagination all the time."

"You do?"

"Of course I do. I have to use it to create the stories I write."

I heard his head nodding up and down. "And your stories make me use my magination."

I couldn't help but smile and feel fabulous. He completely validated my entire writing career with those words.

Have a great weekend! I hope you find your reason to write.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)