Movie Review Monday

I Am Number 4 (2011)

The aliens were cool. I could have lived without the teenage drama. At almost 2 hours, the movie was a bit long.

The story is about John Smith, an alien who has been hidden on Earth from enemies who want to kill him. There are nine special (teen) aliens total, and three have already been killed. John and his protector move around so the evil aliens can't find them, and while they're in Ohio, John falls in love. He also starts developing powers.

I get the point of the film. John wants permanence and a family. He wants to belong. He also has normal raging hormones, which is weird since he's not human. Oh, well, I guess puberty is the same no matter where you're from in the universe. However, they could have cut some of that stuff out and added more action scenes. The opening and the fight against the aliens was AWESOME! I want more of that! But, the movie wasn't exactly directed toward my age group.

Horrible Bosses (2011)

I'd heard mixed reviews about this movie, so I was a little hesitant about watching it. It didn't take long for me to enjoy it.

The movie is about three friends who have horrific bosses. The bosses are caricatures and the most heinous people you can think of. Although I doubt there are people who are that evil, I know there are awful bosses in the world. Anyway, the friends are trying to figure out a way to kill their bosses.

The film was really funny. It was a nice way to unwind and relax over the weekend. I would totally recommend it for a mindless laugh.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)