Appreciated

I've been struggling a bit lately. I haven't been sleeping well, and my evil day job is stressing me out (probably affecting my sleep patterns). My stories aren't good enough, and I'll never make it as an author. You know, the usual stuff that weighs down on you.

Then, I received an email yesterday that turned it all around for me. It came from an author whose children's story I recently edited. It said:

Thank you so much for your help. I'm pleased to see it advance now toward publishing.
I must say that working with you was a real pleasure! You somehow were able to help me understand how to improve my work and be an inspiration at the same time.
I am working on a rather serious book and hope to work with you again.
Please stay in touch.


Made my day. Made me think maybe I wasn't as bad as I thought after all. Maybe I do know what I'm doing. I still might not make it as an author, but it won't be for lack of trying!

I'm focusing on the positive today, and I don't think it gets better than that email!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)