The Week in Writing

I have a guest blogger tomorrow, so I thought I'd fill you in on all the exciting stuff today.

As I mentioned yesterday, I received my two contracts for my kids' book earlier this week, and yesterday I received my contract for the zombie anthology I'm appearing in. The anthology is called "So Long and Thanks for All the Brains," and my story is entitled "Live, and Let Them Be Undead." It's scheduled for release in December. I'll let you know when it comes out.

I finished the first round of edits on the six chapters of my nonfiction book. I need to add some stuff to the introduction, then I'm done (for now). I'm plan to work on the sequel to the zombie novel.

If things keep sailing smoothly, I should make all my self-imposed deadlines! Keep your fingers crossed for me!


On Tuesday, I had to take the boys to the dentist. We don't have a pediatric dentist in town, so I had to drive 45 minutes to the next town. For some reason, the 4 year old thinks he has to eat everywhere we go, so on the way out of town, we got McDonald's. I had a coffee, but I was waiting for it to cool because, for whatever reason, they heat it to the temperature of lava.

I was cruising down the interstate, preparing to take a sip, and hit a bump. Way more liquid got into my mouth than I anticipated, and it burned.

"Son of a beaver!" I squealed. "That's hot!"

"Are you all right?" the 4 year old asked.

"Yes, honey, I'm fine. Thank you for your concern."

"That beaver was hot, huh?"

I just laughed. How else do you respond to a question like that? I hope you all have a great weekend, and don't burn your mouths with any hot beavers! (Get your minds out of the gutter!)
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)