Theater Review Monday

Michelle decided to take the pdf copy of my story, so I have a tote bag and mouse pad left. Put in those comments so you can win one at the end of the week.

My novella, The Weeping Bride, is available today. You can buy it here. It's only 99 cents, so you should give it a try. It was my first attempt at this kind of story, so let me know what you think!



The spouse and I spent the weekend getting caught up on watching our recorded TV shows. We had a nice backlog to catch up on. I'm happy to report I'm now caught up!
Since we didn't watch any movies but I did go to the play yesterday, I thought I'd tell you about my experience.

Hair (1970s)

I first saw this movie in high school. Yes, movie, not the play. I loved the music so I bought the soundtrack on tape (yes, tape, not CD) and listened to it until it broke. I kind of forgot about Hair for a while as I went to college and started a family, then my mom told me it was going to be in Denver on stage. I squealed with delight.

The story focuses on a group of hippies who are protesting the Vietnam War in a haze of drug use and sexual promiscuity. The majority of them burn their draft cards, but Claude is torn between his hippie life style and wanting to please his conservative parents. He decides not to burn the card like everyone else.

The music is fun and upbeat, and a few of the songs made it into popular culture. The story has a lot of dark undertones to it, and it doesn't necessarily glorify the hippie generation. It shows heartache and trials.

The play was nothing like the movie, with the exception of the basic storyline and songs. They also added a few new songs I hadn't heard before. There was a nude scene in there, which wasn't that big of a deal. The lights were dim, so you couldn't see much. There was also a lot of references to drugs. And a bad trip. All part of the generation. I really enjoyed it. There is definitely something to be said about live performances and experiencing the theater.

I can't wait until my boys are old enough to take! However, I doubt I'll take them to Hair until they're waaaaay older!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)