Movie Review Monday

Before I get to my review, I would like to update you on Life After the Undead. I heard from the publisher over the weekend, and she's hoping to get it to format by this weekend. I don't really know what that means, but I'm hoping it will be for sale by the end of the month. I'll let you know!

Easy A (2010)

Ah, high school. How I do not miss thee. I still don't understand why people claim high school is the best part of your life. If it is, you have some really sh*tty times ahead of you. Don't get me wrong, it had it's moments, but college was waaaay better! (Actually, I'm finding my life right now is pretty dang sweet and I'm *gasp* in my 30s!)

This film did a nice job of portraying the cliques and rumor mill of high school, and I really liked the main character. Sarcasm is such a fabulous personality trait! I've been out of high school for 15 years, but I could still recognize each of the groups they were talking about. It's really sad to think things haven't changed, but there is a universality/timelessness to Olive's situation.

The story is about Olive, who tells her friend that she slept with a freshman from community college just to get her to shut up. As you can imagine, that rumor is quickly spread around the school. At first, she embraces the idea of being the new center of attention, but then things go awry and get out of hand.

The film was very funny, yet heartfelt. They reference a lot of 80s movies, which is fun, especially if you grew up watching them. The relationships between the characters was very well drawn, and it did a great job of portraying teen angst. But it was also more than that. I don't really want to dive into a social breakdown/commentary of the film (maybe later I will), it was just a really fun film.

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)