Movie Review Monday

The A-Team (2010)

I only vaguely remember the TV series. I'm sure I watched it. The only thing I remember was Mr. T, and that's not saying much.

This film was a lot of fun. It fit into my favorite category of film: lots of explosions and eye candy. There were a LOT of explosions. I preferred a little more eye candy, but I survived. The story line wasn't bad, either. It was pretty easy to figure out, but there was a twist I wasn't expecting.

The humor in the film was great, too. I don't think I enjoyed it as much as my spouse did, but I did chuckle a few times. As can be expected, there were also some parts where you had to suspend disbelief. I mean, really, I don't think shooting a tank that is falling out of the sky is going to position you over a lake. And, eventually, the ordinance is going to hit something. That is going to be detrimental.

Otherwise, it was a really entertaining film. It was one of those films that was just fun. There was a lot of commentary about the war and whether or not a soldier's actions during a crises are over-the-top and warranted. It examined what it takes to survive an engagement with an enemy who has no restraint and how Americans view that action, but if you didn't want to look that deeply at the film, you could just take it as entertaining.

If you like a lot of explosions, gunfire, and fights, you will enjoy this movie. Does it fit with the original TV series? I have no idea. My spouse said it would have been like the prequel, so I'll just have to take his word for it!

Has anyone else seen The A-Team?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)