Yesterday, after my post, I went to Piers Anthony's website to ask how he got his books to review and if I could send him my novel. I sent an email, and this is the reply I received:

Some books I read because I want to. Some I read because publishers send them to me, wanting me to blurb them. That is, make a brief but favorable statement that will help them sell copies. Some I read because unknown authors ask me to. I don't promise to like them; sometimes I don't, and then I lose a fan. Sometimes I love them. Usually it is in between, and I try to offer good advice on improving or marketing them. So if you are willing to gamble on that you can send me your book and I will get to it when I can, probably next month. This month has already filled to overflowing. I'm a slow reader, and a novel takes me several days. Unless it is so bad that I quit reading. You surely don't want that kind of fast response. You may send an electronic version to this email address as an attachment.

Piers Anthony

How freaking cool is that?! I, of course, responded and attached the electronic version of my book. I will let you know if/when I hear back from him.

Personally, I was a little surprised that he said it took him a couple of days to read a novel. I wish I had that kind of time. We read a book every month for book club and I barely get them finished before our meeting. It's not that I'm a slow reader, it's just that I don't set a lot of time aside for reading. I spend all day at my two jobs, then I go home to fix dinner for the family. The oldest child goes to bed at 8:00, then I hop in the shower. When I get out, I try to find some time to write (which doesn't always happen), then I try to be in bed by 9:30 so I can read. In theory, this schedule works wonderfully, in real life, that's a different story!

I'm not really worried that he'll hate the book, either. I mean, it's completely possible, but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would bad mouth another writer. Granted, I don't know him personally, but I would like to think he is a professional. Even if he doesn't like it, I'm not one of those people who will hate him for it. I'm not that shallow. Besides, he's entitled to his own opinion. If he doesn't like it, I don't lose anything. If he does like it, I gain another reader and I can tell people my idol read my novel. Hell, I can tell people that if he didn't like it. Again, I have nothing to lose!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)