Lately, I've been thinking a lot about all the people who help me and have been very thankful. I don't know, maybe it's just that time of year, or maybe I just seem needier, but I am very happy to be close to my family and have friends around. A lot of the stuff has been every day BS, like having my wonderful father-in-law helping snow blow my driveway (could I do it myself? Of course, but he insisted), but there has been a lot of stuff in my writing career also. The first one that comes to mind is the ag editor who took a chance on me 3 years ago and took me on without looking at a resume or writing samples. The second is my family. My spouse is fabulous at PR. Because of his job, he meets a lot of people. A couple of weeks ago, he met a woman who owns a local business here in town. For some reason, they started talking about me and how I've had a book published. She had the fabulous idea of having me come to her store and doing a book signing. How cool is that? She doesn't own a bookstore, she owns a flea market, so it's a little unconventional, but it's still so cool! I mean, I'm all for out of the ordinary. If you've met me, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Have I thought about doing signings at a book store? Of course, but I wasn't sure where to start. I'm sure if I just called they probably could tell me yay or nay. The biggest reason I never called was out of fear. What if no one shows up? What if crazy people show up and start stalking me? (I know, the chances of that last one happening are pretty slim, but I have an overactive imagination, remember?) I could think of a hundred different reasons to NOT do it. To be honest, I'm a little scared about doing this signing, too. But, it will be happening simultaneously with a thing this town does called Hometown Holiday Hurrah. The event was started several years ago in an attempt to keep money in the city. When people purchase things in stores, they get tickets, and those tickets are placed in a drawing. I don't remember how many tickets they draw each weekend, but you have to be in a participating business to actually win the $1,000 jingle bucks. The program has been very successful, and people get a little crazy about it. My fear is that even though people will be there for that, they won't even pay attention to me. I'm trying to be all right with that. After all, my spouse went out of his way to set this up for me, the least I can do is go through with it.

The woman who owns the shop is very excited about the whole thing, which really helps. She's all about helping local authors and is thinking of maybe doing signings every few months. That helps waylay some of my fears. Plus, my friends have already told me they would come down for moral support. Even if I don't talk to anyone else, I can still talk to them! I'm also hoping that this will open some doors and give me some more ideas for how to promote my second book, if/when it ever comes out. I've already decided I will do readings for that one, both here and in the town my parents still live in. I'm also devising another plan to help promote the book should it come out. I'll let you know if/when I implement it. Personally, I think it's pretty smart!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)