I had a great conversation with my friend Tamara yesterday. ( Who, by the way, recently signed with an agent. Congratulations to her! She's worked long and hard for this.) As you can tell, I'm having some issues with my YA zombie novel. I've been trying to rewrite it and redo the query letter, but I'm also freaking out about having to send out more queries. An agent told me that she thought the zombie fad was starting to fade, so it's possible my book could be a hard sell. That added another layer of concern. As Tamara and I talked, we weighed my options and tried to figure out the best approach. I don't know that we came to anything conclusive, but it did help me realize that if I put the story away, I won't be a failure. There's no sense continuing to work on this if it's not going anywhere. I probably need to move on, find something fun to do. I'm still deciding what that something fun is!

I know I have another zombie novella that I can work on, but I think I need to move away from zombies for a while. I have some other ideas kicking around my head, maybe I'll focus on those. Plus, I need to get some ag articles written. Dang ag articles! That should keep me busy for a while.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)