The spouse and I watched The Hurt Locker this weekend. What a fascinating movie. It's one of those films where not a lot happens, but a lot happens. The tension in the film is great. It is the story of soldiers in the Middle East who are responsible for disarming bombs that are left on the side of the road. That job in and of itself is stressful enough, but then the story focuses on the relationships between individuals in the unit and how they are strained in the stressful environment. The thing that really struck me was the absence of music. In most horror films or dramas, the audience knows something is going to happen because of the music that is playing. Not in this case, which I think adds to the discomfort. You get so used to having those cues, when they aren't there, you don't know how to react. It was great. I LOVED the tension in this film. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

I got some more writing done on my new short story. The character I'm working on right now is taking the narrative and making it his own. I love when that happens. You start with a bare-bones idea, then it fleshes itself out as you write. I didn't really know where I was going, I just had a general idea, but the character knows exactly what needs to happen. LOVE IT!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)