What is it about little kids and the compulsion to eat snow? My 3 year old can't go outside without shoveling a handful of the stuff in his mouth. I know I was the same way when I was a kid, but I don't recall ever picking it off my boot or off the floor (though I'm sure my mother can probably tell a different story!). My child doesn't care how dirty the floor or his shoe is, or, really, how dirty the snow is, he'll eat away. He's come up to the back door before with a ring of brown around his mouth and a smile on his lips. Makes me shudder because we have a dog and I'm positive not all of the brown stuff is dirt. I remember I stopped eating snow when I found out how it was made (you know, a spec of dirt with water around it that freezes). But I believe there is a bit of innocence in still eating snow. As it lays there in all its whiteness, there is a sense of purity. When you find out that there is a dirt core, something from childhood is lost (kind of like life). So, even though it makes my stomach turn, I try not to discourage his childhood pleasures.

In writing news, I made great progress on the new novella I'm working on. I wrote close to 10 pages this weekend. Plus, I finally watched Halloween, so I'm ready to finish chapter 3. With a little luck and some cooperation from my children, I'm hoping to have it done this evening!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)