So I have some really good news, some good news, and some almost depressing news.

The really good news: I finished a rough draft of chapter 3 of my nonfiction novel. I finally got my act together and watched Halloween. As we were watching it, it suddenly occurred to me that there wasn't any snow. I mentioned this, and my friend says, "It doesn't always snow on Halloween, but the trees have usually always changed." I had never noticed it before, but ALL the trees in the movie are green. There's even a scene where there is a lilac bush in the background, and it's in bloom! The directors tries to make it look like fall, and there are a couple times when there are some fallen leaves on the ground or blowing in the wind, but for the most part, it's pretty green. Of course, that has nothing to do with what I'm writing, but I found it amusing, so I had to mention it.

The good news: I finally heard back from the editor of the nonfiction novel. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm crazy and needy because I had to go through a colleague of his to get an answer. I tried to send him a couple of emails, but he never responded. I just wanted to make sure I had the correct address and that he still worked for the company. My persistence paid off, but it might have also cost me, which brings me to my

Almost depressing news: The editor informed me that they are on the fence about my nonfiction book. He is supposed to have a meeting with the president of the company, who will decide my fate, and I should have some information by the end of the week. It's kind of distressing to me because it seems like no one wants to read about slasher films, especially slasher films that were made over 30 years ago. But it's important to talk about the original films before I launch into my discussion about the new films. Oh, well. If they don't want to publish it, there's not much I can do to change their minds. I had put off working on this book for 4 years. I started writing it again because I thought someone would be willing to publish it. I've decided that's not a very healthy way to write, so even if they decide to pass, I'm still going to finish it. It might sit in a drawer for the rest of my life, but at least it'll be done!

Oh, I almost forgot, I sent the publisher who has my zombie novel and inquiry (I know, I know, I'm terrible, I flounder more than a politician!), and I'm still waiting to hear back. I'll let you know what I find out!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)