One of the blogs I read, which, coincidentally, also happens to be a publisher that I submitted my story to, has been talking a lot about patience lately. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that it's been a long time since they've made any decisions about what books they are going to contract. For me, it's been over 100 days. But when you send in your manuscript, they shoot an auto reply back that says it can take 90-120 days. I'm assuming that they've been getting a lot of emails recently wondering if/when they are going to make a decision on a particular novel. I understand that this is very frustrating for the editor (and for the author. We like to know ASAP if they are going to accept our work, but it's nice that they allow simultaneous submissions. It would suck if they wanted an exclusive [and it's well within their rights to ask!]). After all, they're trying to get stories read in a timely fashion, but they also have to answer emails from authors on where their novel is in the process, along with trying to get other novels into print. I've been curious to know if/when I'm going to hear about my book, but I've refrained from sending an email. 1) because I don't want to piss them off and have them reject me outright and 2) because I've been trying to keep busy with other projects. Don't get me wrong, the suspense it KILLING me, and I figure after 120 days if I haven't heard anything I'll send an email. On the other hand, in a time when all I've been getting is rejections, it's kind of nice to know that someone out there is still considering my work. It's the little things that keep me going!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)