I had a dream last night that Nixon won the presidential election, again, and for some reason, he was giving his acceptance speech at my house. He seemed to be getting annoyed because the kids kept interrupting him. Then, it switched to my grandma's house, and I was desperately looking for sugar cookies, which I found, and they were wonderful! It was weird.

I received a request for a full today. I am over the moon! But doubt is also creeping in. Personally, I don't think my book is good enough. I have always been my own worst critic. No matter how many rewrites and edits I put the story through, there will always be more. I keep telling myself that even if someone does accept it, my work still isn't done. And I'm OK with that. It's getting to that point that drives me crazy (and, trust me, that's a pretty short drive). I have to put the doubt in the back of my mind when I start sending out queries, but it always creeps back in, especially when someone asks to see my work. I'm OK when I get rejections, I expect them, but it's different when you actually get an acceptance (or, in this case, a request). I always wonder: Is something wrong with that person? Why would they like my work? It's something I'm going to have to get over, but I don't really know how.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)